[RADIATOR] Load testing radiator

Patrick, Robert Robert.Patrick at hq.doe.gov
Fri May 15 19:39:28 CDT 2009

Matthew,

Running a quick test here with no real tweaking supports 2100~2200
requests/second on a server running Radiator 4.4 with latest patches.

Server has four cores total (two Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 275
2.2Ghz processors).  Radiator runs at 100% on one of the four cores
while servicing RADIUS requests from three physical desktop clients
(each a 3Ghz Pentium-4) running two concurrent instances of radpwtst,
for a total of six logical clients.  Server had a relatively simple
Radiator configuration providing authentication from a text file.
Increasing the number of logical clients to twelve (four instances of
radpwtst per PC) produced the same results.

radpwtst -noacct -auth_port 1812 -s 1.2.3.4 -secret 'secret' \
 -user guest -password qwerty -iterations 9999 > /dev/null &