[RADIATOR] Problem with server binding to multiple IPs

Robert Fisher rfisher at sitestar.net
Thu Mar 26 14:19:26 CST 2009

Running into an odd problem with our setup.  We're using Windows 2000
and 2003 as
the servers and on the server in question is running Radiator 3.15 -- I
thought I'd upgraded
it by now but apparently not.

The issue I'm having is that the servers have multiple IP addresses.
If I omit the BindAddress
parameter, it defaults to binding to all addresses or 0.0.0.0:<port> as
expected.

The problem is when a request comes in, Radiator doesn't send out the
reply by the same
IP as it received the request on.   I've worked around this, by adding
the BindAddress
parameter to the configuration, but part of the reason for having
multiple IPs on the server
was to migrate away from an older netblock into IPs we've acquired as
part of a direct
assignment.

I could just drop the other IPs, or change the BindAddress parameter to
the new address,
or use the LocalAddress parameter for the AuthRADIUS requests, but
ideally I'd like it to
work on both IPs so that we have time to co-ordinate the changes with
all the groups that
we proxy requests with.

Is this something that's been addressed in more recent versions of
Radiator or is there some
configuration tweak to make it

Thanks in advance,
Robert