[RADIATOR] Client clause

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Wed Mar 18 13:08:49 CST 2009

I'd like to use the IdenticalClient statement, but to better manage IP address changes I don't want to use an IP address in the <Client ..> statement itself. I tried several things like use a fake MAC addresses as shown below. Radiator accepts the fake MAC, but I noticed it tries to do a DNS lookup of MAC:Group2 when starting up and delays the startup quite considerably if you more then one of these Client clauses.

# Use IdenticalClient statement to add new clients
#
<Client MAC:Group2>
  Secret mysecret
  TACACSPLUSKey tacacskey
   DefaultRealm unknown
#
# List of Devices (can be subnets)
#
  IdenticalClients 10.10.10.1
  IdenticalClients 10.20.0.0/16
</Client>

Does anybody have a suggestion how to best set this up ?  I think it would make sense to add just another keyword like Identifier: e.g.

<Client Identifier:Group2>
  Secret mysecret
  TACACSPLUSKey tacacskey
   DefaultRealm unknown