[RADIATOR] Log messages for Authby Group

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Wed Mar 18 01:45:26 CST 2009

I have a setup where I group two authentications to one. When I try to debug a failure I don't get any debug of the first auth method.

In the  example  below I have configured PAM on a Unix box to use two different pam modules one after the other.  In the case that I have a user known to module 1 and not to module 2 and the user mistypes the password I only get the message from the last module e.g. user unknown. Is there a way to get the error for each module ?

#
#       Authentication via PAM
#
<AuthBy PAM>
        Identifier PAMAuth1
        Service Radius1
</AuthBy>
#
#
#
<AuthBy PAM>
        Identifier PAMauth2
        Service Radius2
</AuthBy>
#
#       Try PAM Radius1 and then PAM Radius2
#
<AuthBy GROUP>
        Identifier PAMAuthentication
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
        AuthBy PAMAuth1
        AuthBy PAMAuth2
</AuthBy>

Tue Mar 17 23:30:59 2009: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthGROUP: PAMAuthentication
Tue Mar 17 23:30:59 2009: DEBUG: Handling with PAM service Radius1
Tue Mar 17 23:30:59 2009: DEBUG: PAM is asking for 1: 'Password'
!!!=> Here I was hopeing to get a failure message too before going to the next  Authby handler <=!!
Tue Mar 17 23:30:59 2009: DEBUG: Handling with PAM service Radius2
Tue Mar 17 23:30:59 2009: DEBUG: PAM is asking for 1: 'Password'
Tue Mar 17 23:31:00 2009: DEBUG: AuthBy GROUP result: REJECT, No account present for user:

Thank you
Markus