[RADIATOR] Total received octets attribute?

Claudio Lapidus clapidus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:34:27 CST 2009

Hello Tim

You are looking for the attributes Acct-Output-Octets (for downstream
traffic) and Acct-Input-Octets (for upstream). Check if they're not
already present in Accounting-Requests of type Interim-Update or Stop,
they're quite common and there shouldn't be necessary any special
config on the NAS.

If they're not there, look up in your NAS documentation for them.

Additionally, there exist Acct-Input-Gigawords and
Acct-Output-Gigawords. If present, they inform the number of times the
corresponding Acct-XXXX-Octets attribute has wrapped around, i.e. you
should add Acct-XXXX-Gigawords * 2^32 to obtain the total value.

hth,
cl.