[RADIATOR] Recommended hardware specifications

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Mar 3 16:27:39 CST 2009

Hello Adam -

There is no hard and fast recommendation for hardware - we generally
suggest using the hardware/software platform you are most comfortable
with.

You should always have at a minimum two Radiator hosts, one primary
and one secondary (geographically separated).

You can also easily improve Radiator performance by running one
authentication instance and one accounting instance on each host.

The latest Radiator 4.3.1 patches include BETA support for a
"ServerFarm n" directive that implements a form of controlled multi-
threading (on *NIX platforms only).

Alternatively you can use some form of hardware or software load-
balancing.

Hope that helps.

On 4 Mar 2009, at 04:37, Adam Armstrong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any guidelines or recommended hardware configurations for
> ~30,000 broadband subscribers? (we'd like to account for a total
> failure, requiring reauthentication of them all in a relatively
> short time!)
>
> Does radiator multithread? (i recall reading that it doesn't?)
> What's the best way to scale it?
>
> Thanks,
> adam.

NB: