[RADIATOR] Radiator EAP-TTLS and Aruba

Bob Shafer bshafer at du.edu
Tue Jun 30 05:39:03 CDT 2009

I attempted to resolve the User-Name issue with EAP-TTLS by using the
eap-anon-hook.  It worked okay, but I was not comfortable using the
supplicant's MAC level address, in the calling-station-id, and the only
consistent attribute reported in both authentication and accounting
packets, that could be used as a key.

When I contacted Aruba support they suggested this:

"Aruba controller can only review the
outer-eap-id only.  On Freeradius, there is a "copy to outer tunnel"
option under eap.conf which should allow the Radius server to reply
inner-eap-id to User-Name on radius access accept packet to the Aruba
controller.  There is also similar support on the Juniper's steel-belted
radius.  There may be similar on radiator.  Aruba controller will take
this returned User-Name attribute and replace the outer-eap-id from
client and utilize it in radius accounting as well as "show user-table"
output."

I understand what the want, and have an idea about how I might implement
this, but wondered if someone else had already invented the wheel?

If not, I'm open to ideas about how best to implement it.

Thanks,

Bob