[RADIATOR] coping with a slow database server

David J Craigon david at craigon.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 08:42:15 CDT 2009

Hello,

I run Radiator as an accounting server. I use AuthBySQL and an
AcctSQLStatement. I am suffering with my database server being slow
and hopeless, which in the short term I can't do anything about.

Now, as a understand it the order of packets from my router is...

Radiator receives accounting request
Radiator writes to database
Radiator send accounting accept.

If the database query is slow, we suffer from the accounting accept
taking a long time. This upsets my routers.

Is there any way I can do:

Radiator receives accounting request
Radiator send accounting accept.
Radiator writes to database later

I've seen a few mailing list posts about this in the past, but nothing
that seems to do what I want.

David