[RADIATOR] (RADIATOR) Patch to hide user password whenusingtacacs+ and trace 4, 5

Peter Havekes p.havekes at avans.nl
Tue Jun 9 10:08:48 CDT 2009

When using EAP-TTLS + PAP the cleartext passwords are also being logged
at trace level 5. Is this a feature or a bug?

See example logging (xxxxxxx's are the password):

Code: Access-Request
Identifier: 151
Authentic: <0><167>v<251>rtY<18>4<131><231>r?<208><8>M
Attributes:
NAS-Port-Id = "AP11/1"
Calling-Station-Id = "00-02-78-DF-B5-E5"
Called-Station-Id = "00-0B-0E-29-51-C2:eduroam"
Service-Type = Framed-User
User-Name = "anonymous at avans.nl"
NAS-Port = 46947
EAP-Message =
<2><9><0>S<21><0><23><3><1><0>Hf<151><149><163><15><152><249><31><141><168><161>Uc3?K<133><203><241>\V<195>=:<3>C<139>ik<245>#.<133><1
NAS-Port-Type = 19
NAS-IP-Address = 145.48.82.51
NAS-Identifier = "Trapeze"
Message-Authenticator =
<149><175>Sq@<156><248><128>-<142><143><198><236><170><153><165>

Tue Jun 9 10:51:49 2009: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
'Called-Station-Id=/.*eduroam.*/,Realm=avans.nl,User-Name=/@/'
Tue Jun 9 10:51:49 2009: DEBUG: Deleting session for anonymous at avans.nl,
145.48.82.51, 46947
Tue Jun 9 10:51:49 2009: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthFILE:
Tue Jun 9 10:51:49 2009: DEBUG: Handling with EAP: code 2, 9, 83, 21
Tue Jun 9 10:51:49 2009: DEBUG: Response type 21
Tue Jun 9 10:51:49 2009: DEBUG: EAP TTLS data, 3, 9, 8
Tue Jun 9 10:51:49 2009: DEBUG: TTLS Tunnelled Diameter Packet dump:
Code: UNDEF
Identifier: UNDEF
Authentic: UNDEF
Attributes:
User-Name = "phavekes at avans.nl"
User-Password = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Mike McCauley wrote:
> Hello Markus,
>
> On Monday 08 June 2009 08:43:10 pm Markus Moeller wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>>    I can't see what has changed. Can you point me to which file has changed
>> please ?
>>

> ServerTACACSPLUS.pm, about line 682.
>
> Cheers.
>

>> Thank you
>> Markus

Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:
The following conditions apply to this e-mail:
http://emaildisclaimer.avans.nl