[RADIATOR] (RADIATOR) Patch to hide user password whenusingtacacs+ and trace 4, 5

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Fri Jun 5 14:54:14 CDT 2009

Sorry it seems I overlooked another place where the TACACS password is
logged in clear.

Would it be possible to change in line 573 in ServerTACACSPLUS.pm  the
following:

    &main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG, "TACACSPLUS derived Radius request packet
dump:\n" . $tp->dump)
        if (&main::willLog($main::LOG_DEBUG, $self->{parent}));

to (or similar):

    my $dump = $tp->dump;
    $dump =~ s/User-Password = .*\n/User-Password = XXX\n/g;
    $dump =~ s/User-Password = .*$/User-Password = XXX/g;
    &main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG, "TACACSPLUS derived Radius request packet
dump:\n" . $dump)
        if (&main::willLog($main::LOG_DEBUG, $self->{parent}));

Thank you
Markus