[RADIATOR] Radiator - reconnect to MySQL if error

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Jul 27 01:51:34 CDT 2009

Hello Paul -

You should use a combination of "Timeout" and "FailureBackoffTime"
that make sense in your environment.

"Timeout" defaults to 60 seconds and "FailureBackoffTime" defaults to
600 seconds.

You could try something more aggresive like "Timeout 5" and
"FailureBackoffTime 10".

See sections 5.29.4 and 5.29.5 in the Radiator 4.4 reference manual
("doc/ref.pdf").

To say any more I will need to see a copy of your Radiator
configuration file and a trace 4 debug showing what is happening.

On 27 Jul 2009, at 13:41, Paul Lattimer wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Wonder if there is an option to tell radiator to retry connection to
> the database if it loses connection or errors.
>
> I have a MySQL backend with a fail-over to another server if one
> fails. This involves moving the IP address and starting up the MySQL
> server on the new machine that will bind to the service IP and
> continue serving the database.
>
> This works fine, except that I seem to get “database error” logged
> to the radius log.
>
> A simple restart of the radiator service fixes it.
>
> I’d like this to be more automatic. I could write a wrapper script,
> but to prevent reinvention of the wheel etc I wonder if there is a
> simple option like (the one that doesn’t work for me)
> FaliureBackoffTime
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

NB: