[RADIATOR] LDAP is not authenticating when the username cotains DOT or password cotains #

Aboo Vattem. Kandathil aboovattem.kandathil at sps.net.sa
Wed Feb 25 01:51:46 CST 2009

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

The operating System is: Windows XP SP2

The version of Radiator is 4.0 as per the log file (NOTICE: Server
started: Radiator 4.0 on web-16)

Version of PERL is:

The authentication not successful when the password contains some
special characters.

Please find the attached text files.

The first file " 1_authenticated.txt" is the debug script while a
successful authentication is happened. [In this case the password was a
combination of letters and numbers]

The second file " 2_notauthenticated.txt" is the debug script when the
password is with some letters and special characters. [The password I
used is: Aaaa!@#$%^  ]

Initially I was thinking that the authentication was not successful due
to a dot came on the username. It is not related to that.

Note:- I am using radpwtst from the command prompt to test the
authentication.

Thanks and Regards,

Aboo Vattem Kandathil