[RADIATOR] LDAP is not authenticating when the username cotains DOT or password cotains #

Aboo Vattem. Kandathil aboovattem.kandathil at sps.net.sa
Tue Feb 24 03:27:01 CST 2009

Hello,

Can anyone please help me to configure the LDAP authentication in a
generic way.

The below is the configuration which I am using currently to do the
authentication.

<AuthBy LDAP2>

                Host                       jed-adr.sps.net.sa

 AuthDN
cn=testun,ou=headoffice,ou=Employees,dc=mydomain,dc=com

AuthPassword Ab00123456

BaseDN                                %0=%1,
ou=headoffice,ou=Employees,dc=mydomain,dc=com

UsernameAttr   cn

ServerChecksPassword

PasswordAttr    userPassword

HoldServerConnection

AddToReply Framed-Protocol = PPP,\

                                Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,\

                                Framed-Routing = None,\

                                Framed-MTU = 1500,\

                                                Framed-Compression =
Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

Timeout 8

Version 3

</AuthBy>

It works fine if I use a username without any DOT in it. I have active
directory username with dot in the username for example:
headoffice.user1

Also I face problem with user password. If the user password contains
with # symbol it is not authenticating.

Thanks and Regards,

Aboo Vattem Kandathil