[RADIATOR] Mysql error in "View log"...

Joe Hughes joeyconcrete at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:16:23 CST 2009

2009/2/23 Tim Dancer <tim at ibound.net>:
> I don't get the mysql error when I run the following command which is
> strange because it's the same config:
> "radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file
> /etc/radiator/radius.cfg"
> However PPTP still fails. Thoughts?
> Tim
> On 20 Feb 2009, at 11:38 AM, Tim Dancer wrote:

In the past I've had Mikrotik RouterOS 2.9 and Radiator serving both
PPTP and PPPoE clients.

Where you say "MPPE required but peer refused" is that logged from the
VPN client itself? What client are you using?  Could it be an issue
with the Mikrotik PPP profile or perhaps the encryption levels between
client and Mikrotik (40bit vs 128bit)?

If I get chance I'll setup one of our Mikrotik routers and see if I
can get something working. I'll post my Mikrotik config too (strange
though, as you've got PPPoE working)

Joe