[RADIATOR] Reducing the size of a variable

Claudio Lapidus clapidus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:15:16 CST 2009

Hello Gilbert,

Have you checked your table creation statement inside MSSQL? I'm by no
means expert in that particular DB, but I'm absolutely sure it can
handle strings MUCH longer than 10. You may want to define the field
as VARCHAR(253), which is the absolute longest string you can get in
RADIUS.

Please bear in mind that Acct-Session-Id is arbitrary text that
uniquely identifies a particular session. If you truncate it, you may
end up mixing together data from different sessions.

hope this helps,
cl.