[RADIATOR] Extract hourly data transferred by day from ACCOUNTING table

Paul Lattimer paul.lattimer at fred.com.au
Tue Dec 15 18:12:53 CST 2009

Hi List,

Are there any reporting or query resources out there on the net that
someone can point me to for the following problem?

BACKGROUND:

My radiator servers dump accounting info to a mysql table called
"ACCOUNTING"

The data consists of hourly updates (Alive) AND Start/Stop/Alive
accounting info.

Gigaword accounting is turned ON

I can stumble my way through SQL queries, but I am not a DBA.

TASK:

I'd like to grab data transferred (up and down) by HOUR for a particular
USERNAME for a particular DATE

So I will end up with 24 rows with the amount of data transferred in
that hour.

TOOLS:

mySQL

Perl

DATASET:

I've attached a sample of data for a 25 hour period (1 hour included
from the previous day to find the starting amount of data)

Data is in unix format CSV

Can anyone suggest further reading or some sample code for me?

Thanks in advance!

Paul