[RADIATOR] Changing log level for an authby internal statement

Alex Sharaz A.Sharaz at hull.ac.uk
Tue Dec 8 11:29:46 CST 2009

Hi,
I've got a number of radiator servers sitting behind a serveriron (SI)
hardware load balancer. The SI periodically sends a radius authentication
health check using an invalid userid and password. In radiator i have

<AuthBy INTERNAL>
DefaultResult REJECT
Reject Reason "Health Check"
</AuthBy>

Which is invoked whenever i see an incoming auth request from the load
balancer. This all works just fine and during normal operation (trace level
3) I see a log message saying

<date and time>: INFO: Access rejected for <serveriron userid>: "Health
Check"

For real user authentication I've also set up some INFO level messages that
show the status of each auth request being processed e.g.

<date and time>: INFO: Authentication request from Student house : Salmon
Grove : 17 Salmon Grove
<date and time>: INFO: Using database stored auth vlanid - 1200

The problem is that the logs are getting swamped with the health check
statements. Is there any way of either changing the trace level to 2  for
the AuthBy statement or in the Handler that calls the Authby statement? I've
tried Trace 2 in both of these but radiator (4.5) complains that they're
invalid statements.

Alex