[RADIATOR] Radiator not reconnecting to database.

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Thu Dec 3 08:40:34 CST 2009

Hello list.

I wonder why the next situation is happening.

The Radiator is inserting accounting records in a Oracle DB.  At certain
point the ORACLE database stop answering and is down.  This is what I
see :

FF 06:02:53 2009: ERR: do failed for 'insert into ACCT
(ACCESS_DEVICE,...',sysdate,0,'0')': SQL Timeout

FF 06:02:55 2009: ERR: do failed for 'insert into ACCT
(ACCESS_DEVICE,...',sysdate,0,'0')': ORA-03113: end-of-file on
communication channel (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute)

FF 06:02:55 2009: DEBUG: AuthBy SQL result: IGNORE, Database failure

FF 06:02:55 2009: DEBUG: Packet dump:

Radiator stop answering any accounting packets and it stay freeze until
the process is restarted.

I have the command "FailureBackoffTime      60" set in the configuration
file.

I was expecting something like a radiator reconnection to the database
and start to see logs like this :

FF 06:04:41 2009: ERR: Could not connect to any SQL database. Request is
ignored. Backing off for 60 seconds

Instead I have Radiator not answering any request.

BTW, I'm using Radiator 3.13

Can someone help me here?

Thanks

Regards,