[RADIATOR] Radiator Access Control on a Cisco Switch

Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. Gilbert.G at phoenixinternet.net
Tue Apr 28 18:15:39 CDT 2009

I have downloaded the latest version of Radiator (4-4.1) and compiled and
installed it on my radius servers (Centos/RHEL 5).

I have a handful of Cisco 3550 switches that I have over one thousand
customers terminating on.  I want to control these customers using only
their MAC address and Radiator if possible.  I only want a customer to take
up one IP address and not be able to step on another customer.  Currently I
do this by putting each customer on their own VLAN which is a hassle.

I looked into Cisco Network Admission Control (NAC) (Bought the books) and
cannot find the right way to approach this.  What seemed to come closest to
what I am trying to do is EAP-FAST, but I am not sure.  I am having a heck
of a time parsing through all the data on the web regarding eap.  It seems
that all of the data I pull up is regarding wireless access points.

Does anyone have any pointers for me on this subject?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Gilbert Gutierrez