[RADIATOR] Oracle 10g client library configuration

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Sep 22 03:25:40 CDT 2008

Hello Everyone -

I am currently working on a customer site and we are having some
problems with connecting Radiator 4.3.1 to Oracle 10g on Solaris 10.

Radiator connects and runs fine as long as the database is available.

The Oracle database runs on a Solaris 10 cluster backend, with
Radiator running on multiple separate Solaris 10 frontends.

DBI and DBD-Oracle are the latest versions available from CPAN.

The problem manifests itself when the backend database becomes
unavailable and Radiator times out and backs off - but then never
recovers.

We have tested the same Radiator version on a different host with
Solaris 9 and the Oracle 9i client libraries against the same Oracle
10g backend and this works correctly.

Does anyone have a similar installation who can give me the magic
required to successfully use the Oracle 10g client libraries?

Otherwise we will have to install the Oracle 9i libraries, which is
not really ideal.

I'll post a followup to let you know the eventual outcome.

many thanks

Hugh

NB: