[RADIATOR] Rejecting requests from within PostSearchHook

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Oct 29 00:57:51 CST 2008

Hello Jon -

I don't think you need a hook for this, just a search filter:

	<AuthBy LDAP2>
		SearchFilter (&(%0=%1)(Fixed-master=%{NAS-IP-Address}))

See section 5.36.15 in the Radiator 4.3.1 reference manual ("doc/
ref.pdf").

Otherwise you just need to add a user check item that you know will
fail.

There are a number of example hooks in "goodies/hooks.txt".

hope that helps

On 29 Oct 2008, at 12:41, Jon Smaller wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I run radiator version 4.3.1 on a redhat server. My current setup
> is as follows:
>
> A modem comes online and sends a request as a broadcast to a proxy
> device. The proxy device then constructs a radius request with the
> mac address of the modem as the username and its own mac address as
> the NAS-Identifier. After the radius server accepts this request,
> the modem is associated/bound to that particular proxy device.
> Because of the way this access technology works, when a modem comes
> online, several proxy devices can receive the request from a single
> modem and they all send radius requests to the same radius server.
> I want to be able to configure radius in such a way that it will
> reject requests from all proxy devices except the one that i
> specify (I have all modems in an LDAP database along with an
> attribute called 'Fixed-master' which contains the mac address of
> the proxy device that I want the modem to be associated with.)
>
> I have written a PostSearchHook and have gotten so far as obtaining
> the NAS-Identifier from the request packet and obtaining the mac
> address of the authorized proxy device from the LDAP and comparing
> the two. But i can't seem to figure out how to reject the request
> from within the PostSearchHook.
>
> I have tried the following:
>
> $_[3]->{RadiusResult} = $main::REJECT;
>
> and
>
> $_[5]->set_code('Access-Reject');
>
> but none of them seems to work. Could someone help me and let me
> know how i would go about Rejecting the request from within
> PostSearchHook (if it is at all possible).
>
> Thank you,
> Jon

NB: