(RADIATOR) Freeside SQL export table formats

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed May 28 21:29:50 CDT 2008

Hello Tim -

You would normally just configure Radiator to access the Freeside
tables directly.

For authentication you use the "AuthSelect ...." in the AuthBy SQL,
and for accounting you simply need to specify the required
AcctColumnDef's.

There is an example configuration file in "goodies/freeside.cfg" in
the Radiator 4.2 distribution. Note the special hook for accounting
in "goodies/sqlradacct.pl".

On 29 May 2008, at 10:34, Tim McCullagh wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to setup and evaluate freeside 1.7.3.  I looked at
> couple of commercial billing systems last year, but found the
> support to be wanting, which has encouraged me to look at Freeside.
>
> Has any one on the list successfully setup freeside to export to a
> radiator radusers SQL table using freeside?
> When I look I cannot find a table definition for radusers in the
> freeside ref manual or on the mailing list
> When going through the radiator.pm I can deduce that the table
> should probably include
> USERNAME, PASS_WORD,STATICADDRESS,TIMELEFT, MAXLOGINS, SERVICENAME,
> BADLOGINS, VALIDFROM, VALIDTO,
> FRAMED_NETMASK,FRAMED_FILTER_ID,MAXIDLETIME which I see is close to
> the radmin users format.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  My
> understanding is that radiator uses a subscriber database table
>
> Can anyone on the list shed any light on what the SQL database
> setup should be ?
>
> Can anyone shed any light on the SQL format for the radacct  table
> as well?
>
> The only reference I can find to documentation on this is
> Real-time export of the <b>radusers</b> table to any SQL database in
> To setup accounting, see the RADIATOR documentation for hooks to
> update
> a standard <b>radacct</b> table.
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Tim