(RADIATOR) TACACS Persistent Connections?

Ben Ragg bragg at internode.com.au
Thu May 22 22:31:23 CDT 2008

Hi Guys,

Still running Radiator 3.17-1, so completely accept the answer may be
"upgrade to 4.x". We're running Radiator to do TACACs command
accounting, which in general is working quite nicely. However, we're
experiencing a problem where if someone tftp's config rather than typing
it in manually, the TACACS server may have up to 128 simultaneous
connections and subsequently wedge. The 128 connections, I'm pretty sure
is a Solaris limit.

Has anyone stumbled across this and found an appropriate fix? Is it
possible to make the TACACs connection persistent for say 10 seconds,
and send all commands over the one connection, rather than opening a
connection per transaction?

Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au