(RADIATOR) Client identifier

Henning Markussen hm at mib.dk
Tue May 20 06:05:30 CDT 2008

Hi

Hmm ... ok

what if I used the default clause twice?

Would it then first try the first client section, it fails
and then try the second client section?

<Client DEFAULT>
     Secret verysecret1
     Identifier other
</Client>

<Client DEFAULT>
     Secret verysecret2
     Identifier Default
</Client>

and then afterwards use the handler section to make user validation etc.

- Henning

Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Henning -
>
> Unfortunately there is no way to check multiple shared secrets -
> Radiator has no way of knowing if the shared secret is correct or not
> (indeed the RADIUS protocol has no way of knowing). And further, the
> correct shared secret is required for the reply to the particular client
> device.
>
> I'm afraid I can't really think of any way to do what you describe, but
> if you could send me a sample trace 4 debug from Radiator showing a
> couple of typical access requests from a couple of different devices,
> I'll have another look.
>
> regards
>
> Hugh
>

> On 20 May 2008, at 14:08, Henning Markussen wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> My plan was to check with a external script in the handler section if
>> a person was member of a specific group.
>>
>> <Handler Client-Identifier = other>
>> check that user is member of group20
>> </Handler>
>>
>> <Handler Client-Identifier = Default>
>> check that user is member of group10
>> </Handler>
>>
>> so if the device uses "Secret verysecret1", the user must be a member
>> of the group1 to logon, and if the device uses "Secret verysecret2"
>> you have to be a member of group10.
>>
>> This is just simple part, but this give give the option to check for a
>> lot of other things after I check if a user is a member of that
>> specific group.
>>
>> This was the only plan I had to determine if a device was in group a
>> or b. Might not be the best way - so that is why the mail to the
>> maillist.
>>
>> My problem is again that I don't have a complete list of all the
>> devices , and I was hoping to make it as flexible so that people can
>> just change the secret and I didn't have to have a list of all the
>> ipadresses to maintain afterwards. And that is way I looked at secret
>> to find the difference.
>>
>> If you have any other questions just let me know.
>>
>> - Henning
>>
>> Hugh Irvine wrote:
>>> Hello Henning -
>>> How are you going to know which people are allowed to log in to which
>>> device?
>>> I think you may need to do the check as part of the authentication
>>> rather than by using the Client-Identifier.
>>> If you can give me a bit more information I will try to make a better
>>> suggestion.
>>> regards

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au