(RADIATOR) How to prevent loops when using RadSec

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Jun 19 02:28:09 CDT 2008

Hello Jan -

Could I ask then what you define as a loop? And conversely, what is
"normal" behaviour?

In your case I would have thought that only requests for
"your_realm.cz" would be accepted from RADSEC?

Ie.

<ServerRADSEC>
	Identfier IncomingRADSEC
</ServerRADSEC>

<Handler Client-Identifier = IncomingRADSEC, Realm = /^your_realm.cz$/
io>
	# do whatever to authenticate
</Handler>

<Handler Client-Identifier = IncomingRADSEC>
	# if its not for "your_realm.cz" reject it
	<AuthBy INTERNAL>
		DefaultResult REJECT
	</AuthBy>
</Handler>

I always find it preferable to configure explicitly what I will
process, then catch everything else and deal with it separately
(usually reject).

hope that helps

On 19 Jun 2008, at 17:11, Jan Tomasek wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>

> Hugh Irvine wrote:
>> Hello Jan -
>> You can do the same thing with an Identifier in the ServerRADSEC
>> clause.
>> See section 5.81.24 in the Radiator 4.2 reference manual ("doc/
>> ref.pdf").
>
> This wont help me. I have only the one ServerRADSEC clause, and
> many clients connecting to this one server.
>
> Any other idea?
>
> Thanks
> --
> -----------------------
> Jan Tomasek aka Semik
> http://www.tomasek.cz/
>

>> On 18 Jun 2008, at 20:08, Jan Tomasek wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using following configuration to prevent loops when using
>>> RADIUS protocol:
>>>
>>> <Client 1.1.1.1>
>>>   Secret    mysecret
>>>   Identifier    client1111
>>> </Client>
>>>
>>> <Handler Client-Identifier=/^(?!client1111$)/o, Realm=/^realm.cz$/
>>> io>
>>>   <AuthBy RADIUS>
>>>     Host        1.1.1.1
>>>
>>> How can I do equivalent when using RadSec?

NB:

radiator)?
Have you checked the RadiusExpert wiki:
http://www.open.com.au/wiki/index.php/Main_Page