(RADIATOR) authby LDAP_APS example

Matt Richard matt.richard at fandm.edu
Fri Jun 6 10:43:46 CDT 2008

I took my working configuration and genericized it.  Hugh, please feel
free to include it in the goodies or use it as you see fit.  I have
documented many lines, but lots of documentation (especially the intro)
is left over from my original starting point.

I am running 3.17.1 - I have not yet taken the 4.0 plunge but I hope to
look into it this summer if I can give it some time.

I have a Meru access controller which uses 802.1x authentication and
LDAP_APS backend.  I allow three EAP types: TTLS, PEAP, and LEAP.  Leap
doesn't work though because LDAP_APS doesn't support MSCHAPV1.  Accounts
in Open Directory must have Apple Password Server password (aka OD
passwords) as this won't work with crypt passwords.

I have a Cisco VPN3000 concentrator which uses Radius authentication and
LDAP2 backend.  Since it uses an ldap bind for authentication it works
with OD passwords and with crypt passwords.

Let me know if you find it helpful.

Best regards,

Matt

--