(RADIATOR) How to tell if <authby LDAP_APS> is working?

Matt Richard matt.richard at fandm.edu
Thu Jun 5 14:17:10 CDT 2008

Hi, Warren,

I started using LDAP_APS last year and it's working nicely for me so
far.  Thank you for LDAP_APS!

One caveat is that the users need to have Open Directory passwords -
this won't work with crypt passwords.

What wireless product are you using, and what is the authentication
scheme you are using?  Your config looks a little light if you are doing
WPA Enterprise or something like that.

You probably won't want an authDN and an authpassword entry because you
are testing the user's credentials with an LDAP bind.  authDN and
authpassword are in case you need to authenticate with a system account
to look up the credentials.  This won't work because user credentials
are stored in a back-end database that isn't acccessable from OSX's LDAP
interface.  This also isn't necessary since (by default) OD allows
unauthenticated access to most of the user attributes.

I also have a NoDefault option specified.  It's left over from a
previous LDAP2 config and I'm not sure if it still applies.  It stops
LDAP2 from connecting with uid=DEFAULT for some reason I forgot a long
time ago.

Best,

Matt

Matt Richard '08