No subject

Tue Jun 24 01:22:01 CDT 2008

RB-Rate-Limit-Rate = 450
RB-Rate-Limit-Burst = 10000
#################
#VENDORATTR 2352 RB-Rate-Limit-Rate 10 integer
#VENDORATTR 2352 RB-Rate-Limit-Burst 11 integer
receives now that Rate has to be 2000 (Rate limit rate (Kb/s)) then it will
start rateing by 2000.
Fist they had some "problems" - Reauthorization Access-Request didn't
include all attribuest that were present in initial Access-Request but that
got fixed. I have tested Release 6.0.3.0 and it works fine.
And even better, you can initialize reauth by sending SNMP set. It is
basically possible to get the status of a session (Acct-Session-Id), kill it
and set it to reauth by just reading, seting to 1 or 2 with the same OID and
instance calculated from Acct-Session-Id.
So, to make it all work you just have to build a portal that authenticates
portal login against your userdatabase and against session database (to
verify http source ip), edit user record in userdatabase in desired way,
then get session-id (I'd prefer that to a username) from session-db,
snmp-set SMS device for that session reauth. PS. if this authentication
fails - nothing happens and user will not get disconnected, just no
attributes will be applied, so it is quite safe to try even with online SMS.
I even built db that contained sessions that had their attributes different
than per-product. In there I keep also user-desired timeouts (up to what
time they desired such parameters). Then it is easy to build a piece of SW
that looks up the table, finds "expired" sessions/users, sets their
user-record back to original in user-db and snmp-set's SMS for reauth of
their session.
I didn't send any code because they are all very old and bad and most of it
is rubbish. If I clean it up one day, maybe I'll send it then. Meanwhile, if
somebody is interested in launching something like it will have to ask
directly over mail (tomkar at estpak.ee).
(There's lot more that you can find out in 3,5 years in dsl buisness :).)

Rgds.
Toomas Kärner