Code Snippet for Hourly Limitation on an End-User and/or Proxy Radiator Box Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 02:43:01 -0400

Mike Walker noc at qostar.net
Tue Jun 24 01:20:08 CDT 2008

I searched the goodies directory for the perl responsible for cutting off
users who have exceeded a particular amount of hours per month.  However, I
can not find any, even though the archives suggest its there.

Can anyone send me the code needed to get this to work?  I am not a perl
programmer, but I love Radiator and do not want to migrate when its
perfectly capable of doing it.

We have considered a proxy method to control hourly usage but am concerned
about its performance under load.  Does anyone out there have experience
doing time limitations at the proxy level?  It would seem to me, with the
time needed to do all the updates per second, that Radiator would be likely
to overrun SQL under heavy load.  If someone out there has any real world
experience doing this, I would love to know how it worked out for you.

Thanks in advance!!!

-Mike Walker
USExpress.net, Inc.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory etc etc
on Unix, Win95/8, 2000, NT, MacOS 9, MacOS X etc etc
Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au