[RADIATOR] mixed up User-Name values

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Tue Jul 15 09:15:44 CDT 2008

Hello folks,

I could use a little help here. My CountQuery is not using the rewritten
username (%U), but rather the original (%u), although it seems to
respect other specials such as %h:

		<SessionDatabase SQL>

		        # Use the Rewritten username, %U, rather than
the %u default:
		        CountQuery select NASIDENTIFIER, NASPORT,
ACCTSESSIONID, FRAMEDIPADDRESS, USERNAME \
		                   from RADONLINE \
		                   where USERNAME='%h'    #works!!
		                   #where USERNAME='%U'    #DOESN'T
work!

		</SessionDatabase>

I have tried the setup with and without the
SessionDatabaseUseRewrittenName flag:

		<Handler>

		        PreProcessingHook       file:"%D/pphook.cfgx"

		        <AuthBy FILE>

		                NoCheckPassword
		                Filename %D/MY.users-inbound

		                AuthenticateAttribute User-Name

		        </AuthBy>

		        PostAuthHook file:"%D/pahook.cfgx"

		#       SessionDatabaseUseRewrittenName     #ie, the
AccountId
		        SessionDatabase SDBSQL1

		</Handler>

In pphook, I replace the User-Name (an IP address) value with a value
from a SQL db, "1":

	$p->change_attr('User-Name', $accountID ) if defined $accountID;

The Auth, then, correctly uses the rewritten value:

	Tue Jul 15 09:45:28 2008: DEBUG: Radius::AuthFILE looks for
match with 1 [192.168.1.100]

But the Session checker insists on using the original value:

		Tue Jul 15 10:01:06 2008: DEBUG: Query is: 'select
NASIDENTIFIER, NASPORT, ACCTSESSIONID, FRAMEDIPADDRESS, USERNAME from
RADONLINE where USERNAME='192.168.1.100'':

I also tried replacing the change_attr() call with:

   $p->delete_attr('User-Name') if defined $accountID;
   $p->add_attr('User-Name', $accountID ) if defined $accountID;

but that didn't help. I had no luck with a search through the code.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dave