[RADIATOR] "Expiration" attribute troubles

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Jul 7 18:19:52 CDT 2008

Hello Andrew -

I suggest you alter the second definition in the dictionary as
follows (you'll need to restart Radiator to re-read the dictionary):

ATTRIBUTE       OSC-Expiration              90480001        string

and see how you go with Expiration then.

This appears to be a historical artifact, as "Expiration" was not
initially defined in the RFC's.

Can you tell me what you are using this for?

On 8 Jul 2008, at 07:45, Andrew D. Clark wrote:

> I'm trying to use the expiration attribute in a reply message, but
> it gets
> discarded.
>
> It's being pulled from LDAP and mapped like so
>
> AuthAttrDef umnValidUntil, Expiration, reply
>
> Apparently it's not a valid radius attribute.
>
> Mon Jul  7 15:25:58 2008: WARNING: Invalid reply item Expiration
> ignored
>
> I noticed there are two definitions of "Expiration" in the
> dictionary, a
> standard one, and a Radiator internal one:
>
> ATTRIBUTE       Expiration                      21      date
> ATTRIBUTE       Expiration              90480001        string
>
> Is the internal definition squashing the standard Expiration
> attribute?  Is
> such a collision of attribute names wise?  Is there a way around this?
>
> --
> Andrew D. Clark
> Network Operations Engineer
> University of Minnesota, Networking/Telecom Services
> 2218 University Ave SE
> Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029
> Phone: 612-626-4880

NB: