(RADIATOR) Permission deny on logfile when running as non root

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Wed Jan 30 14:22:42 CST 2008

If I configure raditor to switch user and group to non root I get the following error when starting up the daemon. The directory was empty and my other logfiles (authlog, etc) are created OK, whereas this seems to be created when the process has root privs and once switched to non root can not access anymore the logfile.

Could not append 'Wed Jan 30 17:53:44 2008: DEBUG: Creating authentication port 0.0.0.0:1645' to log file '/var/log/radius/logfile': Permission
denied at /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/Radius/LogFILE.pm line 81.

Is that a configuration issue ?

Thank you
Markus