(RADIATOR) enable privilege levels for TACACS+ server

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Tue Jan 29 16:17:56 CST 2008

I try to run in addition to the Radius server the TACACS+ server.  On cisco router you can get into different privilege leves by using enable # where # is a number between 1 and 15.  On a normal TACACS+ server this corresponds to users enable#  e.g. 15 different users and passwords.

The Tacacs+ client sends among others the following AV pairs

Service = ENABLE
Privilege Level = #
User-name = fred
User-password = fred

In the Radiator log  I can only see among others the following attributes:

Service-Type = Administrative-Login
User-name = fred
User-password = fred

The Service Type changes from User-Login to Administrative-Login but I can't identify the privilege level attribute ?

How can I get access to the privilege level attribute from TACACS+ ?

Thank you
Markus