(RADIATOR) EAPTLS_NoCheckId and AuthBy FILE check

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Mon Feb 25 16:30:32 CST 2008

I have a setup for EAPTLS authentication as follows

<AuthBy FILE>
        Identifier EapTLSTest
        Filename %D/ADUsers

        EAPType TLS
        EAPTLS_CAFile /etc/ssl/certs/allcerts.pem
        EAPTLS_CAPath /etc/ssl/certs
        EAPTLS_CertificateFile %D/servercert.pem
        EAPTLS_CertificateType PEM
        EAPTLS_PrivateKeyFile %D/serverkey.pem
        EAPTLS_PrivateKeyPassword password
        EAPTLS_MaxFragmentSize 1000
        #EAPTLS_CRLCheck
        #EAPTLS_CRLFile %D/certificates/crl.pem
        #EAPTLS_CRLFile %D/certificates/revocations.pem
        #EAPTLSRewriteCertificateCommonName s/testUsemikem/
        EAPTLS_NoCheckId
        AutoMPPEKeys
</AuthBy>
#
<Handler Device-Class=WlanTest>
        # Mark request as Radius request if not already set by TACACS+
        AddToRequestIfNotExist Request-Protocol=EapTLS
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilReject
        AuthBy EapTLSTest
        AuthLog LogEapTLSAuthentication
        AuthLog SysLogEapTLSAuthentication
        AcctLogFileName %L/detail-%d-%v-%Y.log
</Handler>

with ADUser

DEFAULT User-LockedOut=No

When I receive a EAPTLS request I don't see any check against the ADUser entries. But when I disable EAPTLS_NoCheckId(e.g. comment it with #) it seems to check against ADUser. Is this the correct behaviour ?

Why does EAPTLS_NoCheckId the use of ADUser ?

Thank you
Markus