(RADIATOR) Switch to non root id and logfile ownership

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Sat Feb 23 06:11:07 CST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Markus Moeller wrote:
</snipp>
>> I was thinking specifically of the case were radiator tries to
>> log something before it has read the config and thus parsed
>> the user and group from the config.
>>
>> There are a couple of places in Radius::Configurable::parse where
>> radiator writes to the log.  Radiator also loads perl modules on demand
>> while parsing the config causing further code to be run.
>>

> Fair point. There could be such situations. Ideally just before changeing the
> uid/gid all already opened logfiles need to change ownership.

radiator does not keep logfiles open. It just opens, appends, closes.
So one would have to keep track of which logs have already been
appended to.  Easy enough to do but somewhat kludgy.

In cases where it matters I prefer to just start radiator with the
correct uid/gid out of the startup scripts using su.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Schwarzwaldstr. 31

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au