(RADIATOR) Dynamic selection of authentication module question ?

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz-lists at cksoft.de
Sat Feb 9 09:38:58 CST 2008

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008, Markus Moeller wrote:

> Is it possible to select an authentication module more dynamically (e.g. depending on the result of a previous module) ?

[...]
> Usually you would use the realm of a user to decide what to do with <REALM userrealm>, but in my case an  application can not provide the realm details. I can get the realm from an ldap server and can either set a variable, add it to the request as an attribute or as a check item.
> The only problem I have is I can not dynamically select the Authentication module nor process it via another Handler or Realm statement.
>
> Or can I ?

You could either use a PreHandlerHook to do the LDAP lookup to get the
Realm-part so that you could select the the correct handler directly.

Or you could use a PostAuthHook going through
@Radius::Client::handlerFindFn Handler selection to dispatch it to the
now best matching handler/realm.

There might be even easier solutions depending on you exact setup.

/bz

--
Dipl. Ing. (BA) Bjoern A. Zeeb          Research & Development
CK Software GmbH                        http://www.cksoft.de/

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au