(RADIATOR) AuthenticateAttribute question

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Tue Feb 5 15:33:42 CST 2008

Hi

I try to change the attribute to authenticate a user/system. I have the following setup where my LDAP connection fills an attribute My-MAC-Address, which then check against file entries. The problem I have is that I still get the User-Name as the compare value not My-MAC-Address.  I did include a PostAuthHook sub { print ${$_[0]}->get_attr('My-MAC-Address') ; } and it has the correct MAC-Address.

What could be the reason that I still compare the User-Name attribute ?

<AuthBy FILE>
        Identifier MacFilter
        AuthenticateAttribute My-MAC-Address
        Filename %D/macs
</AuthBy>

<Handler Device-Class=class1>
        AddToRequestIfNotExist Request-Protocol=Radius
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilReject
        AuthBy LDAPMACAuthorisation
        AuthBy MacFilter
        # Log accounting to the detail file in LogDir
        AcctLogFileName %L/detail
</Handler>
<Handler>
        AddToRequestIfNotExist Request-Protocol=Radius
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilReject
        AuthBy LDAPAuthorisation
        AuthBy UserFilter
        AuthBy PAMAuthentication
        AuthLog LogAuthentication
        # Log accounting to the detail file in LogDir
        AcctLogFileName %L/detail
</Handler>

Thank you
Markus