(RADIATOR) cisco-avpair for a route-map ?

Kurt Jaeger radiator at c0mplx.org
Mon Feb 4 16:08:28 CST 2008

Dear radiator community,

I have a question on adding a "ip policy route-map mymap" to
a vpdn-generated interface using cisco-avpair radius attributes.

First, why do I want to do this:

Given the following fallback scenario:

- customer has a fixed line (normal case), terminating on ourrouter1
- customer has a dsl line (fallback case), terminating on otherrouter2
- we have a tunnel from otherrouter2 to ourrouter1.

otherrouter2 is located somewhere else (not inside our AS).

If customer runs on fallback, we receive traffic from the internet
to the customer and send it over the tunnel to otherrouter2.

What happens to traffic sent from customer ? Normal case:
He sends it to otherrouter2, which sends it out his default route.

What we therefore need is the return traffic coming in from the fallback
to go into our tunnel, so that we can handle both directions properly.

Second, how can this be done ?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fqos_c/fqcprt1/qcfpbr.htm

says that we should define a route-map like this:

--------------
access-list 11 permit 205.206.207.0 0.0.0.255

route-map mymap permit 10
  match ip address 11
  set ip next-hop <mytunnelendpoint>
--------------

For this, I want to assign a

  ip policy route-map mymap

to the fallback dsl session.

Would adding a

	Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:interface-config=ip policy route-map mymap"

work ? Has anyone ever tried this ? Is there some other way to do
this ?

Thanks for any pointer.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                        12 years to go !