(RADIATOR) Client Identifier and TACACS

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Feb 3 15:35:48 CST 2008

Hello Markus -

There is some confusion here due to the way TACACS+ is processed by
Radiator.

In simple terms, the <ServerTACACSPLUS> clause for TACACS+ acts as
the <Client ...> clause for RADIUS.

In other words, the <Client ...> clause(s) is used for RADIUS
requests, and the <ServerTACACSPLUS> clause is used for TACACS+
requests.

There is an extension to the <Client ...> clause only to allow
different TACACSPLUSKey's to be defined for different devices.

However, all TACACS+ requests are received by the <ServerTACACSPLUS>
clause.

hope that helps

NB:

radiator)?