[RADIATOR] Wireless Bridge Issues

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Mon Aug 18 23:30:44 CDT 2008

Hello Steve,

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 00:59, Caporossi, Stephen G. wrote:
> Mike and Hugh-
>
> We have been having some ongoing issues getting wireless bridges to
> authenticate to our wireless network. I have tried multiple Linksys models,
> home and business, but have had no luck. They do not seem to complete the
> security policy on the WiSM's. We are running radiator 4.3 on Windows
> Server 2008 and using authby LSA. I can configure a laptop and the
> credentials work fine.
>
> Attached are the debugs and config. Please take a look and see if anything
> jumps out.

Heres the main clue:

Mon Aug 18 10:19:08 2008: INFO: EAP Nak desires type 0

The server tells the clinet that it wants to do PEAP, but then the cliient
tells the server that it wants EAP type 0 (which is not a valid EAP type).

This probably means thatthe clinet is misconfigured in some way, perhaps it
doesnt support/is not configured to handle PEAP.

I have also seen this sort of EAP type 0 behaviour in TLS clients that expect
a client certificate, but where the client certificate is not installed or is
misconfigured/invalid

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

TTLS, PEAP, TNC, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco etc
on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.