[RADIATOR] Problem with latest Radiator version

sommerfeld at hs-heilbronn.de sommerfeld at hs-heilbronn.de
Fri Aug 1 06:39:43 CDT 2008

Hello altogether,

I'm an administrator at Heilbronn University in Germany, we purchased a
Radiator license long ago and now I'm setting up a new server with Radiator
4.3.1 (latest patches downloaded and unpacked today).

Anyway we get an error when trying to authenticate:

Can't locate object method "attrByNum" via package "Host" (perhaps you
forgot to load "Host"?) at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Radius/Radius.pm line
1817

Our host system is Ubuntu 8.04 with latest patches installed.

Our config file radius.cfg looks like this:

LogStdout

Trace   4

# Set this to the directory where your logfile and details file are to go

LogDir /var/log/radius

# Set this to the database directory. It should contain these files:

# users           The user database

# dictionary      The dictionary for your NAS

DbDir /usr/local/etc/raddb

AuthPort 1645

AcctPort 1646

# This clause defines a single client to listen to

<Client MyIP>

        Secret  xxx

</Client>

# For testing: this allows us to honour requests from radpwtst

# on the same host.

<Client localhost>

        Secret xxx

        DupInterval 0

</Client>

<Client DFN-Host1>

        Secret  xxx

</Client>

<Client DFN-Host2>

        Secret  xxx

</Client>

<Realm ourDomain>

        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/

        <AuthBy RADIUS>

                Host proxyHost

                Secret xxx

        </AuthBy>

</Realm>

<Realm DEFAULT>

        <AuthBy RADIUS>

        Host    DFN-Host1

        Host    DFN-Host2

        Secret  xxx

        AuthPort 1812

        AcctPort 1813

        StripFromReply
Tunnel-Type,Tunnel-Medium-Type,Tunnel-Private-Group-ID

        AddToReply
Tunnel-Type=1:VLAN,Tunnel-Medium-Type=1:Ether_802,Tunnel-Private-Group-ID=1:
LOCAL-VLAN-ID

        </AuthBy>

</Realm>

Before I tried it with the version 3.8 we still had on our server, there I
had no errors but for some reason the authentication didn't work. I got no
error messages though, the login just failed. I thought then maybe I should
get the latest version, cause version 3.8 was running on a Debian Etch
system and maybe it's an too old version for Ubuntu 8.04.

Thanks for any help,

Ben