(RADIATOR) Re: PIN code authentication + hijack traffic and force end user to a specific portal to login?

ScottXiao163 scottshaw at 163.com
Thu Apr 17 00:07:13 CDT 2008

Hi Hugh
I tried to contact archred with email, but no response yet for a few days,I
will try again.So you know there are some cases that archred works as access
controller with radiator to hijack the traffic and redirect to its portal
login page?
I have another question regarding backup. I know Radiator 's config file can
be easily copy out for backup.What about the the whole system and database?
My project now is, we may put the MS SQL server workgroup edition  on the
same windows 2003 server as Radiator 4.2, Radmin and Radar. Does Radiator
support asynchronous bidirectional backup ,or synchronous bidirectional
backup ? Please correct me if I didn't use the correct term for that. Or
it's not related to radiator at all? Just MS SQL server backup?
Do you have any recommended hardware config for MS SQL server to work with
Radiator to cater up to 5000 concurrently authentication login? My current
design is only MS SQL server workgroup edition one CPU, windows 2003 server,
Radiator 4.2 plus radmin,radar. Do you think it will be any performance
issue if 5000 concurrent login come in?Or maximu how many will be best
practice for MS SQL server workgroup edtion with Radiator?
I think there might be some topics in archive of mailling list too,just
cannot find out.Any tip to search that in the archive? It would be better if
you have some reference document on the best practice.
thanks
scott