(RADIATOR) Dictionary changes

Claudio Lapidus clapidus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 12:38:51 CDT 2008

> Many thanks - I'll make the changes for the next patch set.
>
> I left "Alive" as second value so that valNumToName would still
> > return Alive to not break anything that might depend on this.
> > I'd suggest to change that after a grace period of a few minor
> > revisions.

Yes, but "Alive" in particular is a name that has been around for a very
long time, not only in Radiator but in many other servers, and there might
be many people/systems that rely on that particular name while
reading/postprocessing traces, detail files, etc.

So please be careful in making changes to this part of the dictionary, it
could be the case that something breaks unexpectedly in other parts of the
whole chain, while the Radius server itself continues to work just fine. As
they say: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"  :-)

HTH,
cl.