(RADIATOR) Global SYSLOG logger

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Wed Oct 31 00:51:48 CST 2007

Matthew Watson wrote:
> I've tried it without Facility specified too, and that does not work.
>
> Sys::SysLog works, eg.
>
> perl -MSys::Syslog -e "syslog('debug','test2');"
>
> results in the message being correctly passed to syslog.

Have you tried to make sure that the priority is set as expected as well
? you may need to update your /etc/syslog.conf and make sure that you
are capturing at the highest priority level.

For example, if you are logging user.notice and it is sending syslog
messages with a facility.priority of user.debug then you will not see
the messages.

You may want to setup a separate file - say /var/log/test.log and direct
all user.debug messages to that and then see if it works.

note: you will probably need to restart syslogd as well for the changes
to take effect.

--
Steve

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au