(RADIATOR) Login Banner being sent as Username?

Ben Ragg bragg at internode.com.au
Wed May 23 21:59:06 CDT 2007

HI there,

We've been running Radiator for a long time as a Radius server, but
switched to also using it for TACACs after our last TACACs server
decided to visit that data centre in the sky.

Since moving we're seeing a lot of authentication requests coming
through with parts of the login banner and other random characters.

Quick snippet...
Thu May 24 12:25:35 2007: INFO: Access rejected for Authorized Access
Only: No such user
Thu May 24 12:25:35 2007: INFO: Access rejected for - Authorized Users
Only: No such user
Thu May 24 12:27:10 2007: INFO: Access rejected for x0 ---: No such user
Thu May 24 12:27:29 2007: INFO: Access rejected for for 16 bytes5=Ie: No
such user
Thu May 24 12:27:35 2007: INFO: Access rejected for o memory for 32
bytes: No such user

...has anyone who has been using Radiator as a TACACs host noticed this?
All the devices are various models of Cisco gear.

Cheers,
Ben

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au