(RADIATOR) EAP TLS Configuration within AuthBy Group clause

Luca Bechelli luca at omnitechweb.it
Mon Mar 5 12:38:54 CST 2007

Hi

I need to configure EAP-TLS authentication over Radiator for some users of a
network.
Unfortunately I encountered some problems:
1) EAP authentication seems to be "optional" respect to <AuthBy> mechanism
(the one where is the <EAPType> tag). The user gains the access by
specifying only the credentials expected by AuthBy method, rather than the
selected EAP type. To resolve this I included the EAP authentication inside
a <AuthBy LDAP> method, configured to not pass the LDAP authentication. Is
there a simpler mechanism to force the user to perform ONLY EAP
authentication?
2)I set up a <AuthBy GROUP> configuration for EAP authentications and for
getting user's attributes from LDAP server: first of all I perform EAP
authentication, then I obtain the user's attribute from LDAP. When I try to
reauthenticate Radiator says that EAP mechanism isn't supported. My question
is: is it possible (and how) to perform EAP authentication inside <AuthBy
GROUP> configuration ?

Regards,

Luca Bechelli

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au