(RADIATOR) vista and radiator

Alex Sharaz A.Sharaz at hull.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 08:23:50 CST 2007

Chaps,

Got a small problem here.

Unfortunately it look as if we're going to have to use the vista native
dot1x supplicant as there currently doesn't seem to be a commercial
offering available that runs on vista.

At the moment I've got our Radiator boxes set up so that a handler is
selected based upon the presence of a ream in the outer userid. In our
case, we autrh locally for realm hull.ac.uk, reject for no realm and
proxy  any other requests 9i.e. other realms)  to the UKERNA eduroam
service.

This is shown below.

#

# Outer userid has realm of hull.ac.uk, auth locally

#

<Handler Client-Identifier=/HP*/i, NAS-IP-Address=/150\.237\.34\.*/i,
Realm=/hull\.ac\.uk/i>

</Handler>

#

# no realm ....

# reject it

#

<Handler Client-Identifier=/HP*/i, NAS-IP-Address=/150\.237\.34\.*/i,
Realm=>

</Handler>

#

# any other realm proxy of to the UKERNA JRS servers

#

<Handler Client-Identifier=/HP*/i, NAS-IP-Address=/150\.237\.34\.*/i>

</Handler>

This works just fine thank you for the Cisco Secure Services Client and
the Odyssey client that I've been using for quite some time.

Looking at the vista native client, it appears that whatever I do the
outer userid is always "anonymous" and I can't change it to be
anonymous at hull.ac.uk

Is there any way at the handler level for me to get at the inner userid
and realm so that I can do the above for Vista? ( or any client) ?

I'm currently using  a hook to save and get hold of the inner userid for
accounting purposes.

I vaguely seem to remember that a patch to 3.16 had something in there
that allowed you to use a global variable (?) to get at the inner
userid. Was that the case?

Alex