(RADIATOR) PAP authentication amidst various EAP types

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at lshtm.ac.uk
Mon Jan 29 05:49:59 CST 2007

Hello all...

Apologies for the bad subject, I couldn't really think of anything very clear.

We have an institutional Radius server (Radiator 3.16) which is used
as part of a National (and wider) system to authenticate users to our wireless network.

My first Handlers in the radius configuration are client specific, so I'll ignore those.

We then have

<Handler TunnelledByPEAP=1>
xxx
xxx
</Handler>

<Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1>
xxx
xxx
</Handler>

<Handler Realm=lshtm.ac.uk>
AuthBy TUNNEL (which unpacks the EAP requests)
</Handler>

<Handler Realm= >
AuthBy TUNNEL (ditto)
</Handler>

<Handler>
AuthBy ... other requests are proxied out to another RADIUS server
</Handler>

I would like to handle PAP/cleartext requests from a known client,
but then all other requests from that same client hit the same handler.
I tried using 'TunnelledByTTLS=0' for example in my handler to no avail.

I appreciate this is a bit convoluted but any suggestions gratefully received.

--

Peter Bates, Systems Support Officer, IT Services.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au