(RADIATOR) authorizing dialup+wifi against single user database

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Wed Jan 24 16:39:23 CST 2007

Thanks for the reply...

Regarding WiFi processing logic, I should have clarified that we're
talking about using Chillispot's UAM approach. So it's not EAP at all.

As far as Client Identifiers, I thought they needed to be unique; that's
an interesting option. But if we're not letting the NAS do the denial
via Service-Type (or something like that, as per the RFC), is the
Client-Identifier approach any better than simply:

<Handler NAS-Port-Type = Async>
</Handler>

<Handler NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11>
</Handler>

But even then, isn't adding Check Items such as:

	NAS-Port-Type = Async|Wireless-802.11

into the user database even simpler?

But I really thought the whole "Authorization" piece of RADIUS' AAA
would have provided a Reply-Item based solution...

Dave

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au