(RADIATOR) Ldap Searchfilters

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Feb 21 01:06:51 CST 2007

Hello Matt -

Yes this is fairly simple to do - here is how:

<AuthBy LDAP2>

	Identifier      LDAP-AUTH1
	Host            192.168.1.1
	AuthDN          cn=admin,ou=bla
	AuthPassword    password
	UsernameAttr    cn
	PasswordAttr    userPassword
	SearchFilter (&(cn=%{User-Name})(accountStatus=1)(Services=%
{Handler:Identifier}))

</AuthBy>

<AuthBy LDAP2>

	Identifier      LDAP-AUTH2
	Host            192.168.1.2
	AuthDN          cn=admin,ou=bla
	AuthPassword    password
	UsernameAttr    cn
	PasswordAttr    userPassword
	SearchFilter (&(cn=%{User-Name})(accountStatus=1)(Services=%
{Handler:Identifier}))

</AuthBy>

<Handler Realm=dialup.domain.com.au>

	Identifier dialup

	<AuthBy GROUP>
		AuthBy LDAP-AUTH1
		AuthBy LDAP-AUTH2
	</AuthBy>

</Handler>

<Handler Realm= dsl.domain.com.au>

	Identifier dsl

	<AuthBy GROUP>
		AuthBy LDAP-AUTH1
		AuthBy LDAP-AUTH2
	</AuthBy>

</Handler>

Alternatively you could define the whole SearchFilter in the
Identifier and use this:

	SearchFilter %{Handler:Identifier}

BTW - could you please tell me the name of the registered company
that has purchased this copy of Radiator?

Please reply to me directly.

hope that helps

On 21 Feb 2007, at 14:58, Matt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find myself duplicating AuthBy LDAP2 clauses over and over
> changing only the SearchFilter for use in different Realm based
> handlers.     So we have multiple Handlers authing against the same
> LDAP server but needing a different search filter depending on the
> Realm used, hence needing an AuthBy LDAP clause for every different
> Search filter.
>
> So we have nice neat Handers but massive duplication of the AuthBy
> LDAP2 clauses simply because of the SearchFilter requirements.
>
> It would be nice to have just one AuthBy LDAP2 clause per LDAP
> server but within the handler specify the SearchFilter... I dont
> believe this is possible.. That being said though, this config has
> evolved over the years. I thought I'd ask the question, "is there
> is a better way" ?
>
> Thanks..
>
> Below is a very basic example of how things work now,
>

> <AuthBy LDAP2>
>
> Identifier      LDAP-DIAL1
> Host            192.168.1.1
> AuthDN          cn=admin,ou=bla
> AuthPassword    password
> UsernameAttr    cn
> PasswordAttr    userPassword
> SearchFilter (&(cn=%{User-Name})(accountStatus=1)(Services=dialup))
>
> </AuthBy>
>
> <AuthBy LDAP2>
>
> Identifier      LDAP-DSL1
> Host            192.168.1.1
> AuthDN          cn=admin,ou=bla
> AuthPassword    password
> UsernameAttr    cn
> PasswordAttr    userPassword
> SearchFilter (&(cn=%{User-Name})(accountStatus=1)(Services=dsl))
>
> </AuthBy>
>

> <Handler Realm=dialup.domain.com.au>
>
> <AuthBy GROUP>
> AuthBy LDAP-DIAL1